Ladies and Gentlemen,
We are once again after a break organizing congresses of Contemporary Oncology of the series Cancer – the challenge of the 21st century. The first Congress that took place several years ago in Poznań was a great organizational as well as scientific success. That is why we are returning to this idea.
I am inviting you to take part in the 2nd Congress of Contemporary Oncology of the series CANCER – THE CHALLENGE OF THE 21ST CENTURY, Personalized Oncology, that will take place on 21–24 April 2010 in Poznań. The organizers are: Termedia Publishing House, Greater Poland Cancer Centre and Poznań University of Medical Sciences.
The main topic of Personalized Oncology will focus on:
• Basics of tumour biology
– Progress in understanding of molecular basis of cancer
– New discoveries in pharmacogenomics (new targets and biomarkers)
– New approaches (including technology) for biomarkers search
• Cancer stem cells
• Cancer metastases
• Preclinical studies
– New models for preclinical studies (in vitro and in vivo)
– Molecular and optical imaging technologies for preclinical studies
– New targeted therapies in the stage of preclinical studies
• Clinical studies
– Recent results of approved personalized targeted therapies:
× Monoclonal antibodies
× Small molecules
– New emerging personalized targeted therapies in early phases of clinical trials
• Regulatory issues related to the development of personalized oncology
Moreover, progress in the treatment of lung cancer, breast cancer and intestinal cancer will be discussed.
We are planning workshops, training for primary care physicians, round table discussions and the unique “Poznań atmosphere”. The top Polish oncologists as well as a range of experts from all over the world have announced their participation.
I invite you on behalf of the organizers and the scientific committee!