en ENGLISH
eISSN: 2084-9834
ISSN: 0034-6233
Reumatologia/Rheumatology
Bieżący numer Archiwum Artykuły zaakceptowane O czasopiśmie Suplementy Rada naukowa Recenzenci Bazy indeksacyjne Prenumerata Kontakt Zasady publikacji prac
NOWOŚĆ
Portal dla reumatologów!
www.ereumatologia.pl
SCImago Journal & Country Rank


 
5/2020
vol. 58
 
Poleć ten artykuł:
Udostępnij:
więcej
 
 
streszczenie artykułu:
Wspomnienie

Eulogy for Prof. Katarzyna Rostropowicz-Denisiewicz (1926–2020)

Lidia Rutkowska-Sak
,
Piotr Gietka

Reumatologia 2020; 58, 5: 341
Data publikacji online: 2020/10/29
Pełna treść artykułu
Pobierz cytowanie
ENW
EndNote
BIB
JabRef, Mendeley
RIS
Papers, Reference Manager, RefWorks, Zotero
AMA
APA
Chicago
Harvard
MLA
Vancouver
 
Professor Katarzyna Rostropowicz-Denisiewicz, the long-standing Head of the Deve­lopmental Age Rheumatology Clinic and Policlinic of the National Geriatrics, Rheumatology and Rehabilitation Institute in Warsaw, passed away on September 2nd, 2020.
She was born on April 15th, 1926, as a child of the teacher Helena Rostropowicz (née Barańska) and attorney-at-law Władysław Rostropowicz. During the German occupation she was a medical orderly with the Grey Ranks (Szare Szeregi) – the under­ground paramilitary Polish Scouting Association.
Prof. K. Rostropowicz-Denisiewicz passed her baccalaureate exam in July 1945 and began studying medicine at the Medical Faculty of the Medical University in Łódź. She finished her studies in 1950 and started to work in the State Antituberculosis Sanatorium in Łagiewniki – a present borough of the city of Łódź. At that time she married the military doctor and a renowned endocrinologist Rościsław Denisiewicz and gave birth to their only child – a son, Bogdan. She earned the medical doctor degree in 1952. In the years 1952–1954 she worked at the Children’s and Neonatal Ward of the Hospital in Elbląg and in 1954 started her work at the outpatient clinic for children at Warszawa-Włochy. From 1956 she started to work simultaneously as a volunteer at the 2nd Children’s Illnesses Clinic at the Medical Academy in Warsaw. She earned her 1st and 2nd degree specialization in pediatrics in 1959 and 1963 respectively.
Her professional career in the Institute of Rheumatology began in 1962 – the year the institute moved from its former headquarters at 58 Nowogrodzka St. in Warsaw, at the Jesus Child Hospital, to its present location at Spartańska St. The newly opened facilities included the Clinic and Policlinic of Childhood Rheumatology (which later changed its name to the Clinic and Policlinic of Developmental Age Rheumatology), headed by Prof. Edward Wilkoszewski. His team, which included two pediatricians working previously at Nowogrodzka St. – Zygmunt Łazowski and Irena Kozicka-Polakowa – was joined by several other specialists, including Katarzyna Rostropowicz-Denisiewicz.
The clinic consisted of 82 hospital beds and an outpatient clinic – with Professor Rostropowicz-Denisiewicz not only working in both facilities, but also being involved in the clinic’s scientific work and giving lectures presented to pediatricians both in Warsaw and other parts of the country.
In 1968 she completed her doctoral...


Pełna treść artykułu...





facebook linkedin twitter
© 2022 Termedia Sp. z o.o. All rights reserved.
Developed by Bentus.