eISSN: 2299-0054
ISSN: 1895-4588
Videosurgery and Other Miniinvasive Techniques
Current issue Archive Videoforum Manuscripts accepted About the journal Supplements Editorial board Journal's reviewers Abstracting and indexing Subscription Contact Instructions for authors Ethical standards and procedures
SCImago Journal & Country Rank

 
3/2021
vol. 16
 
Share:
Share:
more
 
 
Clinical Forum – Editorial materials
abstract:
Editorial

The supraduodenal pedicle can be a useful landmark of the common bile duct in laparoscopic cholecystectomy

Lei Wang
1
,
Hui Hou
1

1.
Department of General Surgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Anhui Medical University, Hefei, China
Videosurgery Miniinv 2021; 16 (3): 620–621
Online publish date: 2021/07/30
View full text
Get citation
ENW
EndNote
BIB
JabRef, Mendeley
RIS
Papers, Reference Manager, RefWorks, Zotero
AMA
APA
Chicago
Harvard
MLA
Vancouver
 
This investigation was undertaken to determine whether the supraduodenal pedicle (SP) can assist in defining the location of the common bile duct (CBD) during laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC). The supraduodenal pedicle was recognizable in 100/122 (82%) consecutive patients undergoing LC in this hospital. The SP displayed either thin (9/100, 9%) or obvious thick vessels (91/100, 91%), 38/100 (38%) cases showed a single branch vessel and 62/100 (62%) cases showed two or more branches. The CBD and SP were both present in 68/100 (68%) patients. The right most branch of the SP ran along the ventral (40/68, 58.8%) or the left edge (28/68, 41.2%) of the CBD. In 32 cases with an invisible CBD but a visible SP, the CBD was successfully found close to the right most branch of the SP in all patients after slightly separating them. The SP can be a useful landmark to quickly and accurately locate the CBD in LC.
keywords:

supraduodenal pedicle, anatomic landmark, laparoscopic cholecystectomy, bile duct injury

  
Quick links
© 2021 Termedia Sp. z o.o. All rights reserved.
Developed by Bentus.