eISSN: 1897-4295
ISSN: 1734-9338
Advances in Interventional Cardiology/Postępy w Kardiologii Interwencyjnej
Current issue Archive Manuscripts accepted About the journal Editorial board Abstracting and indexing Subscription Contact Instructions for authors
SCImago Journal & Country Rank
1/2020
vol. 16
 
Share:
Share:
more
 
 
abstract:
Original paper

Incidence, risk factors and prognostic impact of acute kidney injury after coronary angiography and intervention in kidney transplant recipients: a single-center retrospective analysis

Jeannine Lang
1
,
Sammy Patyna
1
,
Stefan Büttner
1
,
Helge Weiler
1
,
Helmut Geiger
1
,
Ingeborg Hauser
1
,
Mariuca Vasa-Nicotera
1
,
Andreas M. Zeiher
1
,
Stephan Fichtlscherer
1
,
Jörg Honold
1

1.
Department of Internal Medicine III, Division of Cardiology and Nephrology, University Hospital, Frankfurt, Germany
Adv Interv Cardiol 2020; 16, 1 (59): 58–64
Online publish date: 2020/04/03
View full text
Get citation
ENW
EndNote
BIB
JabRef, Mendeley
RIS
Papers, Reference Manager, RefWorks, Zotero
AMA
APA
Chicago
Harvard
MLA
Vancouver
 
Introduction
Kidney transplant recipients (KTR) represent a high-risk population for cardiovascular disease. Coronary artery disease (CAD) is the most common cause of morbidity and mortality in this population. In KTR, coronary angiography and intervention (CI) can be associated with the risk of acute kidney injury (AKI).

Aim
Data about the incidence and impact of AKI after CI in this population are rare. The aim of the present study is to describe the incidence and risk factors of AKI, periprocedural bleeding and the prognostic impact on 1-year mortality in KTR undergoing CI.

Material and methods
This retrospective single-center study includes all KTR undergoing CI at University Hospital Frankfurt between 2005 and 2015.

Results
A total of 135 CIs in KTR were analyzed. AKI occurred in 31 of 135 CIs (23%, AKI group). Patients of the AKI group were older; other baseline characteristics did not show significant differences. The amount of contrast dye used was higher in the AKI group (p = NS). Periprocedural bleeding defined by BARC criteria occurred more often in the AKI group (23% vs. 5%, p < 0.01) and persisted as a risk factor of AKI in multivariate analysis (odds ratio = 6.43, 95% CI: 1.78–23.20, p = 0.01). In-hospital mortality was 3% in the AKI group; no patient of the non-AKI group died during hospitalization (p = 0.2). One-year-survival was significantly higher in the non-AKI group (94% vs. 81%, p = 0.02).

Conclusions
AKI is an important prognostic determinant in KTR undergoing coronary angiography and percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI). Periprocedural bleeding events were associated with AKI. Well-known risk factors for AKI such as contrast agent and diabetes were of minor impact.

keywords:

coronary artery disease, acute kidney injury, percutaneous coronary intervention, coronary angiography, coronary intervention, kidney transplant recipients

Quick links
© 2020 Termedia Sp. z o.o. All rights reserved.
Developed by Bentus.
PayU - płatności internetowe