eISSN: 2299-0038
ISSN: 1643-8876
Menopause Review/Przegląd Menopauzalny
Current issue Archive Manuscripts accepted About the journal Special Issues Editorial board Abstracting and indexing Subscription Contact Instructions for authors Ethical standards and procedures
Editorial System
Submit your Manuscript
SCImago Journal & Country Rank

vol. 21
Original paper

Prediction of climacteric syndrome development in perimenopausal women with hypothyroidism

Oksana Chukur
Nadiya Pasyechko
Anzhela Bob
Andrii Sverstiuk

Horbachevsky Ternopil National University, Ternopil, Ukraine
Menopause Rev 2022; 21(4): 236-241
Online publish date: 2022/12/30
View full text Get citation
PlumX metrics:
The study aim was to predict the risk of climacteric syndrome (CS) developing in perimenopausal women with hypothyroidism (HT) according to the developed algorithm and mathematical model for timely preventive measures.

Material and methods
146 perimenopausal women with autoimmune HT were enrolled in this study. Assessment of the severity of metabolic, neurovegetative and psychoemotional symptoms was graded according to the Blatt-Kupperman menopause index. All women were interviewed according to a specially designed questionnaire for predicting the development of severe CS. Multiple regression analysis was used to build a multifactorial mathematical model. Shapiro-Wilk and Kolmogorov-Smirnov criteria were used to assess the normality of the distribution of traits.

Regression analysis was used to determine the most significant multicollinear risk factors for CS developing: pathology of the thyroid gland, smoking, alcohol consumption, adverse environmental conditions, low physical activity, history of stress and anxiety. The predicted value of the risk factor for severe CS with a high degree of probability was determined in 72 (49.32%) women, medium probability in 58 (39.73%) women, and low probability in 16 (10.95%) women.

The developed algorithm and mathematical model are informative and allow one to prevent CS and its complications. The decay of women’s health starts many years before menopause and prevention of its consequences is an important task for the clinicians.


women, hypothyroidism, climacteric syndrome, mathematical model, perimenopause

Quick links
© 2023 Termedia Sp. z o.o.
Developed by Bentus.